13550 Woods Spillane Blvd. Cypress, TX 77429 281-213-1919
Cy Woods High School Wildcat Chaperone Guide
Cy-Woods Band Chaperone Guidelines
- Chaperones must wear Band Booster or similar color t-shirts.
- All chaperones ride the buses
to and from the games.
- The head chaperone keeps in contact with the other chaperones and the band directors by cell phone.
- When arriving
to chaperone, check in with the head chaperone in the band hall. You will be assigned a bus along with other duties.
will help load the equipment bus with ice chests, ponchos, snacks, drinks, etc.
- Before boarding the buses, chaperones check that students
have the proper uniform items; a list of these items will be provided to the chaperones for each event.
- Chaperones must account for
every student boarding their assigned bus before leaving the school and again when boarding after the game.
- Good bus etiquette
is expected of all students, but the bus driver may have different expectations and the students will be respectful of what is allowed
on the bus.
- Once at the destination, it will be communicated to each bus how and where the students should get off the buses.
will be assigned positions at the entrance(s) to the band area to monitor traffic. Parents, friends, family members etc. are
not allowed in the band area.
- The first aid kit and emergency forms accompanies the band on every trip. One chaperone is designated
the First Aid person and will log in and administer any first aid and medicines. The permission slips are always checked
first before any aid is given.
- Chaperones remain in the band area during the football game and may be assigned additional duties.
- Students, usually several at a time, are monitored by chaperones to and from the restrooms.
- Students are not allowed to stop
at the snack bar or to visit with family and friends while in route to the restrooms.
- Halftime duties may include filling water jugs,
pluming, depluming and assisting with equipment on the field.
- Band students are not to drink anything except water during the game.
- The students are also not to eat anything until the game is over. Drinks and snacks will be given out at band hall after game.
the bus driver allows food and drinks on the bus the students are expected to clean up after themselves. Trash bags will be
distributed before departure from the school.
- Upon return to the school remind the students to remove all items from the bus (that
includes trash) and leave the bus. Chaperones need to make a final pass on bus to check left items.
- Chaperones may need to assist
with unloading the ice chests and other equipment from the truck.
- Please leave your stadium pass in the booster room or with the head